Breaking News

Thứ Tư, 10 tháng 12, 2014

Tegan And Sara Break Down "So Jealous" Ten Years Later

Everyone’s favorite Canadian heartthrobs answer a series of questions for BuzzFeed, each based off a song title from that first breakthrough album. The band has announced a special 10th anniversary release of the record this month.



Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed.


In 2004, people were piling into movie theaters to watch The Notebook and Mean Girls, Michael Phelps was poised to swim his way to six gold medals in the Summer Olympics, and Mark Zuckerberg officially launched a little thing called Facebook. It was also the year that Tegan And Sara released their fourth studio album, which would solidly place them on the path to pop royalty (and make us all fall for asymmetrical haircuts). On December 23rd, the twins will release a special 10th anniversary edition of the breakthrough album, aptly named So Jealous X. "We have been working on a book that looks back on the making of So Jealous, and the years that followed of touring and promotion, and how it made such a big impact on us and our fans at the time," the band announced on their website. The special release will include over twenty songs, including unreleased demos, remixes, and covers.


BuzzFeed spoke with both Tegan and Sara –individually – and had the heartthrobs answer a list of questions, each based off a song title from the album that will hopefully never stop making us feel "so jealous."


Sara: But there are so many! I think that our lifelong conflict will always be who leads. You know, we are both very strong willed, and sometimes one of us wants to be the leader and sometimes conflict arises when one of us doesn't want to be the leader. It might be who has to call the pizza guy and now it's like, who will call the head of the label? We argue about who is going to take charge.


Tegan: Everything I do bugs Sara. I talk too much, I talk in circles. I fixate on something.


Sara: Strangely I actually would love to just stay home (laughs) for no one to bother me. We travel so much that I just got home and I don't have to go anywhere until Christmas and it feels like heaven ... I feel like nobody knows where I am and I don't have to check in with anybody. I'm already there!


Tegan: I would probably go to Maui. Yeah. I think that would be really nice.




View Entire List ›