Breaking News

Thứ Năm, 10 tháng 3, 2016

16 Film Moments That Helped People Through Their Depression

“That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?” – Dead Poets Society

Yesterday we published a topic on television moments that you can read here.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: When Professor Dumbledore addresses Hogwarts.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: When Professor Dumbledore addresses Hogwarts.

"Rowling’s depiction of dementors as her own depressive feelings resonates with me. And I have the quote above as a reminder that I can always be happy again."
– krystenm3

"Back in 2011–12 my anxiety was so hard. I was very afraid of death. On a very specific, horrible day, I decided to watch Harry Potter and Dumbledore saved me. 'To the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure.' This gave me the strength to go forward, each and every day."
– joanner4147303ac

1492 Pictures / Warner Bros

Inside Out: When we learn that Sadness is just as important an emotion as Joy.

Inside Out: When we learn that Sadness is just as important an emotion as Joy.

"As a person who is putting on a happy face no matter what, it's very difficult to show other emotions. But this movie made me feel more confident that I need my other emotions just as much as I need my happiness. Keeping your emotions bottled up is not good for your soul. I'm so glad it's teaching this message to children."
– Rachel, Facebook

Disney / Pixar

The Perks of Being a Wallflower: When Sam stands up in the truck to the tune of David Bowie's "Heroes".

The Perks of Being a Wallflower: When Sam stands up in the truck to the tune of David Bowie's "Heroes".

"I listened to the lyrics, tears streaming down my face, [and] I knew that despite everything I could conquer my problems. When I'm not doing so well, it's my go-to movie."
Ona, Facebook

Mr. Mudd / Summit Entertainment


View Entire List ›