Breaking News

Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 9, 2015

Movies I Loved Before My Feminism Made Me Love Them Less

If I saw any of these today I’d be like “lol nope.”

Almost Famous

Almost Famous

When I saw it then: A guy who loves music gets to go with his favorite band on tour AND be their friend AND write a Rolling Stone cover story about them? What a dream. I adored the Tiny Dancer scene. Philip Seymour Hoffman and his speech about being uncool is all of us. What a beautiful story about music, pursuit of passion, and human connection.

If I first saw it now: Kate Hudson's character is a classic manic pixie dream girl slash tragic love interest. Why do all these men get to have all these lofty thoughts about Truth and Art and Purpose and all the women exist just to be their groupies? KATE HUDSON'S LOVE INTEREST TRADED HER FOR A SIX PACK OF BEER????????

DreamWorks Pictures

DreamWorks Pictures


View Entire List ›