Breaking News

Thứ Tư, 23 tháng 12, 2015

18 Things You Didn't Know About "While You Were Sleeping"

To mark 20 years since its release, we spoke to one of the writers of the festive Sandra Bullock rom-com.

Rebecca Hendin / BuzzFeed

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the release of While You Were Sleeping, a Christmas-set romantic comedy that helped to launch its young star, Sandra Bullock, to Hollywood megastardom. The film, which co-starred Bill Pullman and Peter Gallagher, was a huge critical and commercial success, grossing $183 million worldwide. BuzzFeed UK spoke to Fred Lebow, one of the movie's two writers (the other being his long-term professional partner Daniel G Sullivan), about his memories of writing and making WYWS.

"For a year or two, Dan and I were known in LA as the 'Coma Guys'. Dan had a buddy who was a composer, named Mike Himelstein, and he was the one who came up with While You Were Sleeping.

"I remember at the time Dan was married, and I was having trouble getting a date. I said something like, 'I'm such a loser, I couldn't even get a date with a woman in a coma'. Dan started laughing, and we started picking at that idea."


View Entire List ›